My training workout with B. tonight:
– 3 sets of burpees: 15 times, then 10 times, then 5
– 3 sets of quick feet against the bosu ball for 60 seconds, alternating with 3 sets of squats on the upside down bosu ball, 15 times (last set of squats holding a 6 lb medicine ball)
– 25 push-ups (on my toes, not knees, with upper arms at least parallel to the ground at the bottom of the push-up)
– 40 full sit-ups… and then 40 crunches
– 100 squats holding an 8 lb medicine ball (standing over a bench so my butt had to touch it on the way down each time)
– 75 bicep curls with 7.5 pound dumbbells
– a 400-meter lap on the treadmill in 2:12 (bear in mind that my fastest mile lately was 11:05, and in the fall I could barely run a 12-minute mile)
– and then another 400-meter lap in 2:20
Did I mention that those crazy sets of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and curls, were with no rest? B. said he wanted to give me a “test” to see how many I could do without stopping or getting help from him. At the start of that little challenge, I said energetically, “This feels like P.E. class!” While I was doing curls at the end, I said (literally), “You should run a prison camp.” He laughed and then took me to the treadmill.
Are. you. kidding. me.
I’m off to my couch for the rest of my life.